The Student Room Group

Do AS Levels give you a high school certificate upon completion?

I'm working towards being a commercial airline pilot and most of the flight schools I'm looking at require me to be at least 17 years to start training. When I finish my AS Level, I'll be 17 and probably packing my bags to go to air school. However, most of these air schools require a high school certificate. Can I get one after my AS Level or do I have to finish my A Levels to get a high school leaving certificate?
Any help will be much appreciated! 😊
We don't get one... Pretty sure that's an American thing?
Reply 2
Oh okay :frown:...
Thanks anyway
Original post by Tanya2800
I'm working towards being a commercial airline pilot and most of the flight schools I'm looking at require me to be at least 17 years to start training. When I finish my AS Level, I'll be 17 and probably packing my bags to go to air school. However, most of these air schools require a high school certificate. Can I get one after my AS Level or do I have to finish my A Levels to get a high school leaving certificate?

Yes you can get certificates of your AS exams (not sure about the new system what with it being more linear) but your best bet is speaking to your school and/or your exam boards to see the procedure you have to go through to get it.

From my memory, they usually take until midway into the first term of year 13 to arrive so I'm not sure how that will affect your application to air school. Maybe it's worth asking your current school if it's possible they can make you a certificate certifying that you've completed upto year 12?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Hopefulmedic15
Yes you can get certificates of your AS exams (not sure about the new system what with it being more linear) but your best bet is speaking to your school and/or your exam boards to see the procedure you have to go through to get it.

From my memory, they usually take until midway into the first term of year 13 to arrive so I'm not sure how that will affect your application to air school. Maybe it's worth asking your current school if it's possible they can make you a certificate certifying that you've completed upto year 12?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah....makes sense! That was quite helpful. Thanks a lot!
Reply 5
There is no such thing as a High School leaving certificate in England, I'd ask the air school what they would consider to be suitable evidence for the UK. If you have taken ASs then the certificates will arrive in school in late October.
(edited 7 years ago)

You won't get one in the UK your A2 should suffice as long as they are serious subjects like maths or a science

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah....makes sense! That was quite helpful. Thanks a lot!

No worries! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest