Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

funding for previous year student‏

Announcements Posted on
Four hours left to win £100 of Amazon vouchers!! Don't miss out! Take our short survey to enter 24-10-2016
    • Thread Starter


    Please give me some ideas for repaying the money I owe to my university. I studied MSc Business Management at the University of Glasgow (2014-2015) and was awarded MSc Distinction pass for my course. Sadly I could not graduate because I was not able to pay off all of my tuition fees.Initially I wanted to do PhD at the Business School after completing my MSccourse but I realised I could not afford to do that right away. I still owe the university about 3000 GBP. So I started to look for a job and started a business with friends from my course.I am still unemployed and my business ventures did not go well. I wish to graduate purse my initial dream. The university said I am not eligible for their internal scholarshipsbecause I am no longer a student. I am home student from Glasgow and I am 26 years old. Please give me some suggestions about what scholarships / charities or organizations I could get help from. Thank you.

    (Original post by kiri1989)
    Please give me some suggestions about what scholarships / charities or organizations I could get help from. Thank you.
    You simply have a debt, so there are unlikely to be scholarships, charities or non-commercial organisations that can help. You need to get a job, and then perhaps you could take out a loan or get an overdraft to pay off the debt.

    What threeport said. All I can see is you spent money in a course and havent paid for it.

    You will have to get a job and maybe after six months your bank will give you a loan.

    Highly unlikley you would get any retrispective scholarship or charity to pay your debts.
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 2, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
What do you wear to bed?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.