The Student Room Group

IGCSE Further Pure Math vs AQA Level 2 Certificate in Further Maths

At school (Year 10 & Year 11) I can choose to do either IGCSE Further Pure Math or the AQA Level 2 Certificate in Further Maths in parallel with my normal Maths GCSE. Any advice on what would be the best?
I'm currently with CCEA for further maths and just completed my pure maths exam. To be honest, you should go through the past papers of each course then decide which one you think seems more suited to you. If you do maths with AQA, then why not do further maths with them as well. Then you would be familiar with the format of their exams.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I did AQA Level 2, it was really easy imo and would recommend you to do it if you like Maths as the grade boundaries are quite low. About 63% for an A* and 80% for an A^. It also gives a headstart covering topics such as differentiation and matrices helping you at A Level.
Reply 3
IGCSE further pure maths is 10x harder. your choice really
Reply 4
Yes, it looks quite a bit harder, but the advantage is that it counts as a real GCSE, whereas the other one is just a "qualification" which I am not sure all universities will even consider.
Reply 5
Original post by iamthedude
Yes, it looks quite a bit harder, but the advantage is that it counts as a real GCSE, whereas the other one is just a "qualification" which I am not sure all universities will even consider.

Why don't you do OCR FSMQ Add Maths? It's a "qualification" equivalent to an A level but learnt in GCSE years, and it's easier than FP IGCSE

Quick Reply

Latest