The Student Room Group

Choosing universities

hi,

looking to take a gap year and apply for medicine and was wondering which medical schools placed a particular emphasis on ACHIEVED a-levels?

thanks
Original post by hibzmourad
hi,

looking to take a gap year and apply for medicine and was wondering which medical schools placed a particular emphasis on ACHIEVED a-levels?

thanks

For most medical schools achieved Alevels puts you at an advantage, particually if they are above the baseline AAA. As for the difference this makes at particular medical schools you will have to contact admissions departments and do some digging on admissions and selection processess for each medical school online to find more information.

For some insight my medical school give more points to applicants with achieved Alevels on their scoring system meaning if you have GCSE grades which wouldnt get you and interview, having achieved A2 levels AAA will boost you grade and may push you over the cut off for an interview.
Original post by hibzmourad
hi,

thanks

Just email the admissions team of medschools. I'm sure you'll get some responses!
Reply 3
Original post by Natalierm2707
For most medical schools achieved Alevels puts you at an advantage, particually if they are above the baseline AAA. As for the difference this makes at particular medical schools you will have to contact admissions departments and do some digging on admissions and selection processess for each medical school online to find more information.

For some insight my medical school give more points to applicants with achieved Alevels on their scoring system meaning if you have GCSE grades which wouldnt get you and interview, having achieved A2 levels AAA will boost you grade and may push you over the cut off for an interview.

thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending