The Student Room Group

Should I quit my job?

I've been working weekends at a cafe for about 2 months now - the job itself is okay but the boss makes me miserable. I genuinely try so hard but she never seems to appreciate it. She said to me today that she's starting to get annoyed at me and thinks I'm either "lazy or untrainable" which really angered me because I put a lot of effort in. It's only a casual thing but I dread every weekend because I know I'm going to feel crap about myself at the end of it. The only positive is the money, but even then I don't work enough hours for it to make much difference to my life :/
I really can't make my mind up on what I'm going to do :frown:
Reply 1
If you're not earning enough to make a difference, and working there makes you feel bad, then it's not worth staying there by the sounds of it.
She seems pretty ungrateful. If you like that kind of weekend job, do it but just try a different cafe
Try to get a job elsewhere while you are still working there, even if the money isn't that big a deal to you.
Original post by MoneyPaddy
Try to get a job elsewhere while you are still working there, even if the money isn't that big a deal to you.

I agree
Reply 5
If you're not happy, walk away. I'm doing the exact same now!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending