The Student Room Group

Need some advice about an important choice

So my dad wants me to transfer to america for university this september (i'm technically an american citizen), but i just finished 4 years of college and was thinking of taking a year off to gain work experience since i'm 20 and never had a job, i also just want to clear my mind and take a break from education a bit while paying off my current £6k debt. But my dad is extremely adamant about me going to university now, should i go or take a gap year? what is the better choice.
Original post by adz95
So my dad wants me to transfer to america for university this september (i'm technically an american citizen), but i just finished 4 years of college and was thinking of taking a year off to gain work experience since i'm 20 and never had a job, i also just want to clear my mind and take a break from education a bit while paying off my current £6k debt. But my dad is extremely adamant about me going to university now, should i go or take a gap year? what is the better choice.

Go, Much more fun I think. Why Wait?
If you've had enough of education well you've got all summer!
If you pay off your debt, you will just put it back on again.

No reason not to.
Reply 2
Original post by HelpusPleasus
Go, Much more fun I think. Why Wait?
If you've had enough of education well you've got all summer!
If you pay off your debt, you will just put it back on again.

No reason not to.

wouldnt not having any work experience screw me over in the future after uni?
Original post by adz95
wouldnt not having any work experience screw me over in the future after uni?

No. It's common for uni students to have none or close to no work experience. Besides, you can gain that experience while at uni through a part time job

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending