The Student Room Group

Can you get a Distinction* for BTEC CERTIFICATE?

Just checking, the max you can get for a 3 Unit Certificate is a Distinction, right? Then you can get a Distinction* if you take the 6 Unit Subsidiary Diploma, right?
(edited 7 years ago)
From what I believe, yes. You are right.
Reply 3
you can get a D* for the certificate

This is really, really surprising, because my teacher told me that D*'s were not available for Certificate, only the Subsidiary Diploma and higher.

I should be getting a D in each of my 3 Units. Does that mean that I will automatically get a D*, without any approval or extra steps being needed to be taken by the teacher? I had always thought that you got a D* if the teacher thought that your work was 'particularly exceptional', or something like that. Instead, it's an automated process?
Original post by Abstract_Prism
This is really, really surprising, because my teacher told me that D*'s were not available for Certificate, only the Subsidiary Diploma and higher.

I should be getting a D in each of my 3 Units. Does that mean that I will automatically get a D*, without any approval or extra steps being needed to be taken by the teacher? I had always thought that you got a D* if the teacher thought that your work was 'particularly exceptional', or something like that. Instead, it's an automated process?

Yes it is automatic. Nothing to do with teachers views. If you get 2 d and 1 M that gives you 260 Btec points which is a D*.
BTEC Level 3 Certificate
Points Grade
210-229 Pass P
230-249 Merit M
250-259 Distinction D
260 and above Distinction* D*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending