Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

What Physics course to do??

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    I’m starting to think about my future seriously now. So I think I’m going to do a physics kind of degree…theoretical physics, mathematical physics, physics and maths, engineering physics or just engineering. I HATE particles so I want a degree without particles; does anyone know of one that exists? I also like maths a lot. I just don’t know how to choose so I need advice. I don’t like engines and building bridges it seems boring. I’m only really going to university so I can move out of home and also I just want to do sports at university. So I don’t want something that will take up all my time studying. Also I'm in year 12 so I'm going to be applying VERY soon.

    Have a look on uní websites you are interested in going to and have a look at what courses will include. Most degrees should allow you to have a social life because your timetable won't be as long as school/college so you should have plenty of time to study and have fun too if you manage your time well.

    Posted from TSR Mobile

    What makes you hate particles?
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 3, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.