The Student Room Group

drop out now or ask to take a year out then drop out?

Hi Guys

I've just finished a first year on Illustration/Animation at Kingston but have decided it's not the course for me, and because there are no courses that I am interested in at Kingston uni so I would also need to change uni.

My question is weather I should quickly go check out my other uni/course choices and apply to try and get in this year possibly through clearing or instead to take a year out of my current course to make up my mind before choosing?

I already have a few different courses in-mind but haven't sorted out visiting our anything just yet.

It would be really helpful to hear any other peoples opinions or experiences like this.

I am look at Wimbledon UAL or Center school for speech and drama.

Original post by Verityp
Hi Guys

I've just finished a first year on Illustration/Animation at Kingston but have decided it's not the course for me, and because there are no courses that I am interested in at Kingston uni so I would also need to change uni.

My question is weather I should quickly go check out my other uni/course choices and apply to try and get in this year possibly through clearing or instead to take a year out of my current course to make up my mind before choosing?

I already have a few different courses in-mind but haven't sorted out visiting our anything just yet.

It would be really helpful to hear any other peoples opinions or experiences like this.

Heya, I've moved this thread to a slightly more appropriate forum for you :h:

This thread may be worth looking at, too.

I would suggest taking some time and actually getting around to going to open days, visiting etc and having a think about things rather than trying to get on a course starting this year. Okay, it's not the end of the world if you go to uni for a year and decide that it's not interesting or you want to drop out (which is good, better than doing something you're not interested in for a few years) but it wouldn't be ideal if the same thing happened again, so try to put yourself in the best position to make an informed decision.

Good luck :h:
Original post by Verityp
Hi Guys

Hey there :biggrin: Have you heard of Ravensbourne?

We are in London and next to the O2 arena.

Check our BA Animation course! 3 years duration and the requirements you need is all in the website! Also other Ravensbourne courses you might be interested in! To see it for yourself come and visit us so you can talk and meet current students and tutors :smile: Register here for the Open day!

Hope this helps,
Ahlia :biggrin:
If you know you arent staying, then I would drop out. Its really moot, except you aboid messing them about and perhaps severing ties will give you better perspective.
You arent seeking a transfer, so really you just need to be careful in choosing the next course. If you arent sure then take a year out and dont rush into it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending