The Student Room Group

Salary undergrad web developer

Hey,

I've been doing part-time work for startups during my undergrad course in Computer Science, usually working 1-2 days a week. I go into the office once a week, I am based in London and have just finished my 2nd year.
I am getting £11/hour which is the highest salary I've been offered throughout the various tech jobs I've had, knowing the London average living wage is £9.4 (which is average £20,878 per annum compared to £17,841 per annum) . I'm asking because it seems like little compared to what other students in my case have been offered.

Is anyone in the same boat, or can tell me what they know about junior web dev salaries? Remember I'm not a graduate, just doing part-time development throughout my studies :smile:
I've looked around, but haven't found a standard really! Thanks!
If you're good with Java what you can do is check other people's codes and earn money that way. I know a guy who has made up to 6k USD a month doing that while he was studying Computer Science.
You're earning 20k before you've even graduated, now that's a lesson for all graduates who still haven't found work yet (or haven't enough experience since)

Quick Reply

Latest