The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I'm afraid not :p: sounds like you're going to have lots of fun writing one though :biggrin:
Reply 2
Nope. You only get one. All I can suggest is to write very broadly about your qualities, and only touch on subject-specifics. Which is not ideal, but really is your only option if you want to apply for such an eclectic range of courses.
Reply 3
Oh *****! That totally screws up my plans!! OK I'm going to have to decide on one subject..... !! What do I choose?! Do I follow my heart (drama) or do the academic thing (geography - 6 A*'s 7 A's at gcses, predicted 4 A's at A-level) or the totally spontaneous thing (philosophy)......... omg :frown: I don't like this uni stuff anymore.
you should write a geography personal statement and put that in your ucas form.

then write two seperate ones for the other courses and email the admissions personally and send in your personal statement.
Reply 5
yeahyeahyeahs
you should write a geography personal statement and put that in your ucas form.

then write two seperate ones for the other courses and email the admissions personally and send in your personal statement.

^ That's a pretty good plan!
Reply 6
Boo_2
Oh *****! That totally screws up my plans!! OK I'm going to have to decide on one subject..... !! What do I choose?! Do I follow my heart (drama) or do the academic thing (geography - 6 A*'s 7 A's at gcses, predicted 4 A's at A-level) or the totally spontaneous thing (philosophy)......... omg :frown: I don't like this uni stuff anymore.

I like yeahyeahyeahs idea - but another route could be to sign up for geography, take optional philosophy modules where possible and carry on with drama as a hobby. Or Philosophy with options in geog modules etc. etc.

If you do a bit of rooting around on UCAS, I daresay there'll be unis that offer two of your subjects as a dual honours - any combo of your subjects would be an unusual combination for a dual honours, but it could be possible. Best bet for Geography and Philosophy might be somewhere like Keele.
I agree with yeahyeahyeahs. Write your personal statement about geography and email separate ones for philosophy/theology and drama to the admissions tutors, although I'm not sure how Durham would react to that and I don't think they're under any obligation to consider it. You could probably write a personal statement that combined geography and philosophy, but there doesn't seem much point if you're only applying for philosophy at one uni. Then you can keep drama as an extra-curricular activity. If drama is what you really want to do more than anything and that will make you happy, do it, but with your excellent grades, you might want to consider doing an academic degree to keep your options open just in case you change your mind. There are plenty of drama related activities you can get involved in at uni.
You can apply for geography at durham, then when you get in change your course to philosophy and theology. This would save you having to write another personal statement.

Btw if you get rejected by Durham, then you can't do this. I
yeahyeahyeahs
You can apply for geography at durham, then when you get in change your course to philosophy and theology. This would save you having to write another personal statement.

Btw if you get rejected by Durham, then you can't do this. I

It's also a bit risky because there's no guarantee you'll be allowed to change course, although you probably will.
Reply 10
Unfortunately everyone is right, you're only allowed one personal statement so if you want to apply for a broad range of courses then you need to do some serious thinking about how to approach that in your personal statement. Yes, you can write "unofficial" statements for the other courses that you wish to do and send them independently to the admissions tutors but they do not have to consider them, in fact, I'd wager they're so busy with UCAS forms they'll be unlikely to do more than glance at them.

Latest

Trending

Trending