The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Do you mean over the summer, or during term time? I know it's a bit tame, but primary schools are your best bet for anyone coming over when school's in. Otherwise it's just a case of ringing up any local businesses I suppose. Although this can be a bit demoralising, people are much more accommodating than you'd think.

It does depend what you want to get out of the work experience, though; whether it's a question of improving your English or just a case of seeing some sort of career from a foreign perspective. When I was interested in doing Law with French at university, for example, I contacted a few French firms about a week's placement and had some success. Perhaps try any small businesses allied to what you could see yourself doing in the future?
Louisdf
I've looked at a few sites but it's only for 18+'s!
But I think that most of the experience you could find would only be translating or interpreting.

Hey! Out of interest what kind of sites have you found for 18+s? Thanks :smile:
And felixlechat, did you contact French law firms in England?
I tried applying to the Lycee in London for work experience, and also l'Alliance Francais but they said they couldn't offer any work experience at that time. That was back in January, so maybe you could give them a call or write a letter or something. Hope that helps!
Reply 3
I want to do languages work experience too, but I doubt I'll find anywhere, expecially as I'm only 16 :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending