Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

On birth control, but I can't stop being paranoid about pregnancy!

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

I'm half way through my second packet of the combined pill (Rigevidon). I have never missed a pill, and I take it at the same time every single day and make sure to follow all instructions correctly. I also haven't been ill or took any medications that could affect my pill's effectiveness. Sometimes me and my boyfriend use condoms but majority of the time we don't use one (we are both clean from std's) and he pulls out, he has never ejaculated inside me unless he is wearing a condom which we've had no "accidents" with, and we previously used the pull out method during my first packet (don't worry we used a back up for the first 7 days like my brand's leaflet said so) and everything was fine, I got my withdrawal bleed as I should with no pregnancy. However, I still can't stop worrying that I'll end up getting pregnant every time I have sex or at risk at least, i overthink all the time and drive myself crazy that every twinge of pain I get etc is a pregnancy symptom or something?! I always end up on the internet searching for answers to reassure me but most people are quite negative and don't help much, please help? I want to be able to trust my pill to do its job and relax and enjoy sex without the nervousness afterwards
    P.s I'm looking for answers to reassure me because I'm extremely sick and tired of worrying all the time, so no negativity please as that will make me feel worse, we enjoy using the pull out method as I believe it works with my pill and it improves our experience.

'OMG, I had sex therefore I might get pregnant' is a common worry, especially for women starting a new form of contraception.

Alone, the combined pill is very reliable. Using condoms plus withdrawal (on its own, done consistently is about as reliable as using condoms) as well makes it very very unlikely that you will become pregnant.

If that is not enough, consider the implant. That's more reliable than having a sterilisation operation.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 3, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.