The Student Room Group

College Induction day

I have a college induction day tomorrow. First time I have moved to a completely new place with new people so I'm slightly nervous about the transition from school to college.

What happens in a usual induction day at college? Tips on how to make friends?
Original post by SirMrBoom
I have a college induction day tomorrow. First time I have moved to a completely new place with new people so I'm slightly nervous about the transition from school to college.

What happens in a usual induction day at college? Tips on how to make friends?

I had an induction day on Thursday and Friday in a new school. Induction day is like a taster of the lessons you chose. I was worried like you but just try not to worry too much you might get paired with new people then you can just make friends from there.
Hey! I'm a student ambassor at my college, I'm currently studying a levels, and on an open day you have taster sessions on subjects of your choice, talk to some other current students and teachers and have a look around the college! Everyone's in the same boat as you so just speak to one or two people in your group or class and there, you've already Made some friends. However, if you don't, don't be too disheartened because results day determine if they get in and you make new friends anyway

Quick Reply

Latest