The Student Room Group

Close friend thinks I'm gay but I'm not

A friend of mine is openly gay and I respect that. But i also believe he thinks I am. I am afraid to go up to him and tell him I'm not, because he may get upset.

What should I do?
I know its a difficult one to answer

Thanks
Original post by Anonymous
A friend of mine is openly gay and I respect that. But i also believe he thinks I am. I am afraid to go up to him and tell him I'm not, because he may get upset.

What should I do?
I know its a difficult one to answer

Thanks

Tell him a story about a girl that you got with (or make one up just for the moment) and he should get the hint ahaha
Just tell him.
just say it, you are not gay so say it...
JUST SAY ITTTTT
Reply 4
When you're with him and you walk past an attractive girl just be like "she's well fit" to him, I'm sure that'd make him realise.
What the hell is his problem lol...

You don't need to tell him you're not gay, he simply has to respect the fact you aren't.

People like him are so annoying.
You consider him a close friend yet you can't speak to him and tell him you're not gay.... ok then.
Reply 7
Original post by The Roast
What the hell is his problem lol...

You don't need to tell him you're not gay, he simply has to respect the fact you aren't.

People like him are so annoying.

It could just be genuine mistake of the friend. Perhaps the friend thought they saw the anon flirting with another guy or acting like they had a crush on another guy, but the friend was misinterpreting the anon just being friendly. I mean, I don't see why somebody would treat a friend as if they're gay unless they genuinely thought they were?

Anyway OP, you should just say it outright. Like "Bro, you're my friend and I respect your sexuality, but I think that you think I'm gay when I'm not."
I am confused as to why he would be upset?:s-smilie:
Original post by fatima1998
just say it, you are not gay so say it...
JUST SAY ITTTTT

JUST DO IT YOU MEAN
I like you but I don't swing that way :biggrin:
Go for broke and be honest. It's not the end of the world for this friend of your's if they do find out you're straight, the problem being you may have to prove it to them.
Original post by PrincessBO$$
JUST DO IT YOU MEAN

:toofunny: no i meant "just say it" it my own version :tongue:
Has it actually said to you that he thinks your're gay? Because if he has, surely you'd just say that you weren't and that would be that?

In all seriousness though, sometimes your friends can tell more about you than you know about yourself. I was 'straight' for about 6 years and I would often get asked if I was gay and my friends often told me they thought I was gay and I'd say no. But now I realise that I was in denial all that time, and they were right.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending