The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

babe_boo

You probably would get funding as my 16 year old niece is studying some 10 point courses in science and has full funding.

I think the funding situation depends on whether or not you are a student at a different education institution. As I was doing the Foundation Degree I didn't qualify for funding.

I'm not sure how they would treat people still at school. If your niece is still at school then that is good for the OP as she could do the course free. But she needs to make up her mind fairly soon as the closing date for the November presentation is getting close.

So far as the standard of work is concerned, as she already is studying biology she will find that she already has a basic knowledge of the majority of the coursework. Her best bet is to really work towards the TMAs for the first part of the course then swot like mad for the exam. Three hour exam! I did mine at the Centre for Life in Newcastle.

The forums for the course are excellent if you have any problems and there are also tutor group forums. The feedback from assignments is also excellent and you get specimen answers so you can see exactly where you went wrong. Feedback is so important.

Latest