The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

I've missed the grades

Hello,do you know any success stories when person hasn't meet the grades but still was accepted ? :smile: I'm international students and my requirements were to pass 3 exams 80/100. However, in one exam I've scored only 65/100 (others are 82 and 83). I've applied for Media practice .
Have you contacted them or emailed your results to them? The clearing grades have dropped (IB down from 34 to 31 points for example) so they may still accept you, especially as you have passed two of the grades and narrowly missed the third.
Good luck
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 2
Original post by Colinj451
Have you contacted them or emailed your results to them? The clearing grades have dropped (IB down from 34 to 31 points for example) so they may still accept you, especially as you have passed two of the grades and narrowly missed the third.
Good luck

Thank you for positive vibes ! I've contacted them and they've said they still will consider me :smile:
As an international student, what accommodation are you likely to be going for? Thanks.
Reply 4
Good for you! I did the IB and instead of getting a 32 (they asked for it) I fell only 4 points short and got a 28. I emailed them and they said that they won't be able to take me in. i'm gutted cause it was my first choice. However they have not yet officially rejected me via UCAS - but I'm sure they will soon.lol do you think theres any chance of them reconsidering it?
Search TSR. There's loads of info.
Original post by u97
Good for you! I did the IB and instead of getting a 32 (they asked for it) I fell only 4 points short and got a 28. I emailed them and they said that they won't be able to take me in. i'm gutted cause it was my first choice. However they have not yet officially rejected me via UCAS - but I'm sure they will soon.lol do you think theres any chance of them reconsidering it?

The only option I'd imagine is the chance for the foundation year if you are set on Sussex.
Otherwise there will be decent unis thru clearing that should accept you

Quick Reply

Latest