The Student Room Group

Company offered me a job then changed their minds

Anyone have a similar experience before? Utterly mind boggling.
Sounds like you've had a lucky escape. They sound very unprofessional.
What was the reason given?
They did not specify. They told me they would ring on Friday and never did. Then sent me a rejection letter.
Reply 4
Original post by James.Carnell
Anyone have a similar experience before? Utterly mind boggling.

i was told by both managers, line manager and the other people who worked there that i did have the job, just for them to then ring me and tell me i didnt have the job
Original post by beautifulbigmacs
Sounds like you've had a lucky escape. They sound very unprofessional.

this ^^^ any company who would do that to a potential employee would have treated you worse further down the line

if they're a big company I'd join glassdoor or something and leave a review
In my experience this usually happens when a candidate with the same experience/qualifications etc as you accepts a lower salary offer after you're offered the role.

Totally sucks and not a lot that can be done. Best of luck for the future :smile:
Original post by James.Carnell
They did not specify. They told me they would ring on Friday and never did. Then sent me a rejection letter.

It might be worth just ringing them and asking for an explanation why. If nothing else, at least you know why and it will give you closure/piece of mind.
Original post by Emma:-)
It might be worth just ringing them and asking for an explanation why. If nothing else, at least you know why and it will give you closure/piece of mind.

Totally agree here. Calling and politely asking for feedback can be really useful, shows an edge of professionalism and humility as well which may make them think twice (although I'd tell them were to go if they flip flopped me like that :wink: )
This is also true

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending