Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

I Don't Understand My Essay Question???

Announcements Posted on
Why bother with a post grad? Are they even worth it? Have your say! 26-10-2016

Discuss the statement below. You may focus your answer on one medium or media in general. This is a very broad question. You should interpret from this question a problematic that limits the scope of the question, that you can research, and that allows you to consider some of your assumptions about making films and/or photographs.

Historically the arts, notably film, photography, painting, theatre, and literature, have had distinct national characteristics. Globalisation and the international circulation of art weaken the arts' connections to national aesthetics and politics, resulting in what could be called 'global art'.

I am by no means a creative thinker, more of a science person but does this help;

Traditionally, arts were unique to each country. Kabuki? that was japanese. Theater (whats now called western theater i think)? that was american (or whatever im not sure, you can see the science coming in here xD). Similarly rock would've been more british/american. You could see where each art was from, there was no in between or question. Each country had iconic art which defined it.

Thanks to globalisation and circulation, the art is no longer limited to a country. You can now find hundreds of japanese rock bands, in fact universities offer hundreds of different clubs/societies which bring various arts into one place. These arts are no longer limited to each country, you could find japanese kabuki directed by a russian, played by irishmen, being showed in america. Though the art is still connected to the county, it is no longer limited to that country. it is, 'global'.

Well, you can start by defining the 'global art'. Use the mind-mapping techniques to describe your thoughts. You may compare some kinds of art and give some examples. It is a very needed part. Once I was writing an essay about worldwide connection. It seems to me, that it's a bit similar. You know, I was using some 'advisor', I mean supreme essay service. They helped me a lot with it. But that was an option for me. I hope you'll write it without problems. All the best, CameronGibb!
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 6, 2016
TSR Support Team
What do you wear to bed?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.