The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

How important is the move in weekend before freshers??

I have a clash with my music exam and the move in weekend. If I did my exam, I would have to come on the Monday, but the move in weekend is the Saturday/Sunday. How important would you say that weekend is in terms of making friends and stuff, because I don't want to miss out on anything, so I'm not sure whether to just not do the exam at all or whether to come a couple of days later. Actual freshers doesn't start until the Monday, so I wouldn't be missing any of that stuff. Opinions? Thank you
Um the first weekend isn't crucial but it's when i got to know my flat and the flat below us which made fresher's weeks more enjoyable

Posted from TSR Mobile
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Two of the people in my flat missed the first night where I felt like we all really bonded and everyone went out - but within a week they were happily part of the flat and I never felt like they were any less integrated because they weren't there. On the other hand if you can move the exam and you're worried about it then it might make you feel more at ease because it can be quite nerve wracking when you first arrive. I would say totally depends on how soon you can move your exam, and how important it is. If it's a pain to move then don't worry at all, everyone wants to get on and make friends so youll quickly make up for lost time!

Quick Reply

Latest