The Student Room Group

Political Compass Thread

https://www.politicalcompass.org/test

Post your political compass here and discuss!

Spoiler

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Here's me thinking I would be the only right wing person here.
Reply 4
Reply 5
Economic Left/Right: -2.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.36
I'm a right wing libertarian
but the test is flawed
because it asks you questions and from your answer it assumes that you want a government solution to things like exploitation, pollution, and so on.
this makes it biased to the left, or the authoritarian spectrum (left+north).
so use it with this fact in mind.
Original post by sleepysnooze
because it asks you questions and from your answer it assumes that you want a government solution to things like exploitation, pollution, and so on.

Is that not what the compass is for though? If you did want pollution and exploitation, you would be up in the top right corner.
Original post by ByEeek
Is that not what the compass is for though? If you did want pollution and exploitation, you would be up in the top right corner.

1) no, because there are other resolutions to the world's problems other than "get a government to step in and coerce people until the problem doesn't exist anymore" - that's a very paternalistic and statist view of the world. and even then, to what extent would the government be appleaed to in terms of pollution and its prevention? that could extend to either a carbon tax to a ban on all pollutants. +what about social/market solutions? for instance: crime. if somebody thought "crime is too high", that isn't to then suggest "the government should punish people more harshly" - it might (and would do if I answered it) mean, instead, that people shouldn't be committing so much crime(!)

2) why would that be at the "top" right...? how is that governmental? the government has no responsibility in the matter if people are exploited by other people. they never caused the exploitation, so they are blameless. if the state is responsible for this, then every human being is responsible for everything in the world, because human beings, if they acted with enough collectivism, could basically achieve anything that isn't scientifically impossible.
Well that's a load of crap ImageUploadedByStudent Room1468931264.285499.jpg.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by paul514
Well that's a load of crap ImageUploadedByStudent Room1468931264.285499.jpg.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha.

Closet Commie? :smile:
Economic Left/Right: -7.0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.38

image.png

I've always considered myself left leaning without being a nutcase.
Wow. I'm surprised I was categorised as left-wing. I guess it makes sense though since this seems to be based on the US not the UK. My views in the UK are usually very much right-wing, but... Unless you are hitler incarnate that's left wing in the US lol...

Original post by JamesN88
Haha.

Closet Commie? :smile:

According to this website lol.

Either the left right model is broken or the website is full of crap you choose my response :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah this test is flawed as hell.
Reply 15
Mine
Just done it again..

Original post by Raposa
Mine

Are you an anarcho-capitalist?
Chart Political.png
67855B63-8C9F-46ED-96B9-68A0CFCEE0D9.png

Gone full horseshoe

Quick Reply