The Student Room Group

Wearing white to a wedding

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Talkand...Talk
So there is a wedding im attending in August, and last month (before i knew about the wedding) i brought a really beautiful cold shoulder white lace dress mid-length (pic below) AND i was like "this looks perfect for a wedding", FAST FORAWRD a month later i was invited to the wedding and FIRST i was like yassss i get to wear the dress!! (never wore it defore) then i went up online bcz i know some ppl find it inappropiate, but then i fought out that it was the VAST majority that fount it inappropiate. I feel a bit iffy-bitty now, bcz it was quite expensive and i dont want to buy another dress for that price for just another colour BUT THEN i dont wanna upset the wedding couple!! Please give me advice if i should buy another dress OR keep and wear the white dress (and what colour blazer, shoes and accesories to wear).
Thank u!! :biggrin:

Unless you know for sure that the length of the bride's dress is going to be long... I wouldn't risk it.

This girl came in a short white dress at my dad's wedding. My stepmother-to-be's wedding dress was short, white, lacy and very similar.

It is a lovely dress though so if you do want to wear it, be sure to pair it with non-white accessories? Maybe go for a cobalt blue (or another strong colour) blazer/cardigan, chunky heels and clutch for a uniform look, so that it ends up looking less like a 'white' outfit?

But otherwise it's a gorgeous dress - you have wonderful taste, so have a wonderful time at the wedding :smile:
Original post by Hirondelle127
Unless you know for sure that the length of the bride's dress is going to be long... I wouldn't risk it.

This girl came in a short white dress at my dad's wedding. My stepmother-to-be's wedding dress was short, white, lacy and very similar.

It is a lovely dress though so if you do want to wear it, be sure to pair it with non-white accessories? Maybe go for a cobalt blue (or another strong colour) blazer/cardigan, chunky heels and clutch for a uniform look, so that it ends up looking less like a 'white' outfit?

But otherwise it's a gorgeous dress - you have wonderful taste, so have a wonderful time at the wedding :smile:

thxs so much. most helpful person on this thread! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending