Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anxiety help

Announcements Posted on
Why bother with a post grad? Are they even worth it? Have your say! 26-10-2016

Hey guys! I'm 18 and I've been suffering from anxiety ever since I was little but I didn't know it was anxiety I thought I was extremely shy but recently I've started to feel very out of life I feel so weak and I feel worthless and I feel that I do not have control over my life I feel that I am going with the flow, my anxiety is really effecting my daily life I tend to stay at home because I don't like going out due to all these negative feelings I have towards myself I cannot even ask a shop keeper where certain items are and would rather take a. Hour looking for it myself to avoid talking to them.

I have never self harmed and never will but I hate talking to my family about things like this as i don't want them worrying or constantly watching my every move. I am not confident at all whatsoever and have tried many things to boost it but i failed to do so I feel that my anxiety has Created a negative impact on my education because I am unable to achieve my highest and my best also I struggle talking to people and going out as I constantly think I'm being judged by people I probably am not but I guess my pessimistic view is ruining my life I feel that I have lost interest in the things I was interested in way before my anxiety became obvious, in the past i had toxic friendships with a few people however I have cut them out of my life I am not sure what triggered my anxiety but it has affected me mentally and physically my friends are unaware of what I'm currently going through as I don't talk about my feelings towards them as I don't want to rubb off my negative energy on them. I'm turnin 19 soon and will have to find work soon I just don't know how I'm going to cope.

I just want advise from someone who is experiencing or has experienced anxiety and want to know how I can overcome this view of life and myself [thanks for reading I tried making it as short as possible]

I've had anxiety for a long time and I think bottling it up is not the best option, when you confide in people, they want to help you and you feel better too so I would say to tell your parents and maybe see a doctor and explore options. But I'm having problems with it too at the moment so I may not be in a good position to advise, that's just my experience anyway.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

What were/are your predicted grades?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.