The Student Room Group

Falsely accused of cheating in Maths mock.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bluepearl7
Similar thing happened to me once. Got an high A* on a science paper and they thought i had cheated. But later my teacher realized that I would never cheat and you can't find the paper online either so yeah, they just humiliated themselves tbh.

It's a year 9 mock, so you don't really have to stress and the best advice would be to do practice papers but like when your doing them, skip the easier questions and go to the end of the paper. Talk to your parents about this, and ring the school as mentioned before. It is unfair to accuse a high achieving student of cheating when they clearly didn't. If your forced to resit , then just give it your best shot.

I resat it today but I couldn't take all the stress they were forcing upon me so I threw my exam on the floor and walked out. The resit was badly organised, we took it with the Year 10s doing their mocks and they were noisy, I was meant to be given a formulae sheet but they forgot to give me one and the paper had an unusual amount of questions in it. It is a little suspicious if you ask me.
Original post by 99999george
I resat it today but I couldn't take all the stress they were forcing upon me so I threw my exam on the floor and walked out. The resit was badly organised, we took it with the Year 10s doing their mocks and they were noisy, I was meant to be given a formulae sheet but they forgot to give me one and the paper had an unusual amount of questions in it. It is a little suspicious if you ask me.

Well you should tell your parents and consider appealing or at least consider taking it further.

Throwing your exam on the floor looks more supsicious imo.

Oh god so you just walked out :/ that wasn't the best idea and now the teachers are just gonna think you deffo cheated now :/ I'm sorry but you should've really got your parents to contact your teachers to sort it out or even just literally got your parents to come and speak to your teachers face to face and then see if they still accuse you of cheating . It's just a maths mock at the end of the day and you had the chance to prove everyone wrong and do good in this test ? I'm sorry but idk I think you've made things worse for yourself - hope it gets sorted out but for now please speak to someone like the head teacher : student support ??
Original post by fefssdf
Oh god so you just walked out :/ that wasn't the best idea and now the teachers are just gonna think you deffo cheated now :/ I'm sorry but you should've really got your parents to contact your teachers to sort it out or even just literally got your parents to come and speak to your teachers face to face and then see if they still accuse you of cheating . It's just a maths mock at the end of the day and you had the chance to prove everyone wrong and do good in this test ? I'm sorry but idk I think you've made things worse for yourself - hope it gets sorted out but for now please speak to someone like the head teacher : student support ??

It was designed to make me fail, I hadn't been taught the majority of the paper, I walked out and spoke to the head of Maths. He knows I didn't cheat so now he is talking to the examiners considering they didn't give us a fair exam. My parents already made a formal complaint, so has my tutor, its probably not worth it though, I'm just a failure, this sort of crap happens to me far to often. Thanks for trying to help.
Just get your parents to write an angry letter, copy in the headteacher also. That always works.
Take this to the local council. Boycott your school. Heck you could eventually get the police involved.
It was designed to make me fail, I hadn't been taught the majority of the paper, I walked out and spoke to the head of Maths. He knows I didn't cheat so now he is talking to the examiners considering they didn't give us a fair exam. My parents already made a formal complaint, so has my tutor, its probably not worth it though, I'm just a failure, this sort of crap happens to me far to often. Thanks for trying to help.

Ah ok sorry I didn't realise that your parents had complained and I'm glad you spoke to your head of maths. I think it should hopefully get sorted now as hopefully they will realise you're not at fault and I guess it's just one person here whose trying to make you suffer which is really odd. Try not to get too down about it - just keep trying and it should get sorted out soon.

You're not a failure man don't be so hard on yourself - you're clearly good at maths but others aren't happy about it - probably just jealous :wink:
Reply 27
IKR

Oh my gosh you are in year 9 how are examiners marking your exam surely a mock isnt being moderated externaly i did my mock exam for science be4 i done the real thing with the year 11s my mock didnt get moderated externaly surely sures didnt anyways mocks dont count for anything apart for highlighting your weakneses so dont take it to heart you are still in year 9 i know you want to do alevel maths but when i was in year 9 was in set 3 **** as anything worked really hard and now in set 1 so anything can happen in one year most importantly care for year 10 and building on your knowledge!!

Quick Reply

Latest