The Student Room Group

Missing Year 10 Art Mock

Hi guys,

So I'm 15 and I'm studying art. Currently we are having a two week span of "pre mocks" in year 10 (going into year 11) to get us ready for our exams. Last week was the first week and I got the bulk of them done. But this week I've had a horrible migraine and I missed one of my maths ones yesterday which is no big deal because I know I can retake that easily during lesson time. The problem is my art exam. This lasts 5 hours today and I'm going to miss it. They say it's a mock but nothing really is in art because it is all coursework. I'm just worried about what will happen. Can I retake it? I'm thinking not because of the length of time it is (pretty much a full school day) and I'm getting really stressed about it. I don't know what's going to happen and my art teacher absolutely despises me for some reason despite me working at a very steady B, so this will probably add to that. Because the maths one was a mock that is okay to miss and retake, but the fact that the 5 hour art one is drawing a final piece for our mark making project makes me think I've just missed out on a huge chunk of my GCSE? I would appreciate some helpful answers and some advice about what to do because this stress is not helping my migraine.

Thanks in advance guys

Ethan
Original post by EthanRich
Hi guys,

So I'm 15 and I'm studying art. Currently we are having a two week span of "pre mocks" in year 10 (going into year 11) to get us ready for our exams. Last week was the first week and I got the bulk of them done. But this week I've had a horrible migraine and I missed one of my maths ones yesterday which is no big deal because I know I can retake that easily during lesson time. The problem is my art exam. This lasts 5 hours today and I'm going to miss it. They say it's a mock but nothing really is in art because it is all coursework. I'm just worried about what will happen. Can I retake it? I'm thinking not because of the length of time it is (pretty much a full school day) and I'm getting really stressed about it. I don't know what's going to happen and my art teacher absolutely despises me for some reason despite me working at a very steady B, so this will probably add to that. Because the maths one was a mock that is okay to miss and retake, but the fact that the 5 hour art one is drawing a final piece for our mark making project makes me think I've just missed out on a huge chunk of my GCSE? I would appreciate some helpful answers and some advice about what to do because this stress is not helping my migraine.

Thanks in advance guys

Ethan

This happened to a few people at my school, they just used a different day or 5 hours of art lessons to finish it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending