The Student Room Group

Uni courses in Clearing revealed for 2016

The UCAS course finder continues to be updated with Clearing places for September 2016

http://search.ucas.com/

Join the discussion here :cookie:

Have a question about Clearing in general? Post it here :h:
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by She-Ra
The UCAS course finder has updated today as will the Telegraph tool.....

More information to come later :cookie:

Hasnt the UCAS tool updated already? I've just had a look at clearing courses and my course is available at 5 Russell group unis. Seems like they have loads of spaces left this year?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by rxns_00
Hasnt the UCAS tool updated already? I've just had a look at clearing courses and my course is available at 5 Russell group unis. Seems like they have loads of spaces left this year?

It's just updated today and will continue to update throughout the summer as students find out if they've met their offers during IB results day, Scottish results and A-levels.

What course are you going to be studying in September?
Original post by She-Ra
The UCAS course finder has updated today as will the Telegraph tool.....

More information to come later :cookie:

A quick look and I'd guess that some universities haven't updated their listings yet...it looks like some universities have just rolled over almost every course (for example I'd be extremely surprised ifSurrey's Tonmeister course is in clearing)
Reply 4
Original post by She-Ra
It's just updated today and will continue to update throughout the summer as students find out if they've met their offers during IB results day, Scottish results and A-levels.

What course are you going to be studying in September?

Ah ok, so if a lot of people don't meet the offer on results day, more unis will release the course into clearing?

And natural sciences :smile:
Original post by rxns_00
Ah ok, so if a lot of people don't meet the offer on results day, more unis will release the course into clearing?

And natural sciences :smile:

Yes that's right, as courses become available the search tool will update. I suspect the clearing listings of what will be available for A-level results day will be the most update on the Monday or Tuesday before results day on the 18th August. Unis generally get the A-level results on the Friday before so they make their decisions at the start of the week.
I think i will be use clearing this year. what do you think i should do now? Just keep looking at the UCAS search finder? even if i do find a course i'm interested in- i cant do anything right now. i have to wait till results day right?
Original post by Lilly1234567890
I think i will be use clearing this year. what do you think i should do now? Just keep looking at the UCAS search finder? even if i do find a course i'm interested in- i cant do anything right now. i have to wait till results day right?

Right.
Original post by Lilly1234567890

Hey Lilly :smile:

We've got lots of helpful advice here on how to make the most of Clearing and how to start preparing now.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=4574-clearing-adjustment

Are you waiting on your A-level results and worrying that you're going to miss your firm and insurance offer?
Original post by rxns_00

hi there how can i check which courses are availible in clearing?
Original post by pewdiepig
hi there how can i check which courses are availible in clearing?

http://search.ucas.com/
Original post by PQ
A quick look and I'd guess that some universities haven't updated their listings yet...it looks like some universities have just rolled over almost every course (for example I'd be extremely surprised ifSurrey's Tonmeister course is in clearing)

I spoke to UCAS and this is all up to date :h:
Original post by She-Ra
I spoke to UCAS and this is all up to date :h:

I'm sure it's 100% up to date from UCAS point of view - my concern is that a number of universities haven't properly looked at which courses have rolled into the vacancy listings...and even then it could be that the admissions office have asked which courses should be removed and not received a prompt enough response from academics or senior management.

I'd be surprised if anyone calling Surrey directly about the Tonmeister course was told that there were vacancies.
Looks tasty
Original post by PQ

I'd be surprised if anyone calling Surrey directly about the Tonmeister course was told that there were vacancies.

Dare you! :biggrin:
I'm a bit confused about the entry requirements for the courses in clearing, are they lower than the initial ones that were published when ucas apply opened? At the moment they're the same as before (really high).
Original post by celiajacobs
I'm a bit confused about the entry requirements for the courses in clearing, are they lower than the initial ones that were published when ucas apply opened? At the moment they're the same as before (really high).

Not all universities change their entry requirements in clearing so i'd presume the ones coming up on the search now are correct.
Damn, Manchester has Economics for clearing, thats just steeping low and also like 50 other courses
Original post by claireestelle
Not all universities change their entry requirements in clearing so i'd presume the ones coming up on the search now are correct.

okay thank you, it looks like they're all the same then :frown:

Quick Reply