The Student Room Group

Would you eat yogurt made from human breast milk?

So today's question.

Most of us are happy to consume dairy from animals that biologically we are not designed to feed from. Arguably our digestive systems have evolved over time to better cope with dairy products from cows, sheep etc - however these are still not ideal for the human digestive system.

My question though is from a psychological point of view would you be comfortable to consume human breast milk related produce - ie yogurt? Naturally it is designed for human consumption, cows have three stomachs and walk along on 4 legs and eat grass.

What are your thoughts and why? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

I guess so. *I know most guys would probably say yes :mmm:
I…. I… well… but…

I don't…

Probably not… because… because… I don't know why… but… no…

I wasn't expecting to have to answer this question :lol:
Only if it's from Kim Kardashian <3
^^^^
I knew that was going to happen in some way, shape or form. :lol:
Breast of luck to all the people who say yes!
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper

nice one :wink:
Reply 7
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper

:unimpressed:

try not to milk too many puns out of this thread...
Original post by Alexion
:unimpressed:

try not to milk too many puns out of this thread...

Original post by queen-bee
nice one :wink:

Thanks guyzzz :colone:
Original post by kalclash
So today's question.

Most of us are happy to consume dairy from animals that biologically we are not designed to feed from. Arguably our digestive systems have evolved over time to better cope with dairy products from cows, sheep etc - however these are still not ideal for the human digestive system.

My question though is from a psychological point of view would you be comfortable to consume human breast milk related produce - ie yogurt? Naturally it is designed for human consumption, cows have three stomachs and walk along on 4 legs and eat grass.

This is a very powerful question for the opponents of vegetarianism/veganism.
Original post by Absent Agent

Not really, human breast milk is not technically designed for consumption all throughout our lives as why would the mother stop producing breast milk?
And cows milk tastes great, can be used for a variety of important ingredients and is cheap. So why not.

But for the question I would but I would not go out of my way to have it.
Original post by kalclash
So today's question.

Yes, and cheese made from nob cheese. :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maybe if there was a photo of the ermm producer on the container ? so you could, like, choose ?
Original post by Absent Agent

Aha! Would vegans consume yogurt made out of human breast milk?
Original post by I feel myself
Only if it's from Kim Kardashian <3

BTW did you see the stupid m.i.f money video she featured in
[video="youtube;bsUWK-fixiA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsUWK-fixiA[/video]
Original post by PrincessBO$$

BTW did you see the stupid m.i.f money video she featured in
[video="youtube;bsUWK-fixiA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsUWK-fixiA[/video]

No lol will watch it now :smile:
I'd have it if it was made from the milk I produced lol

Original post by the bear
Maybe if there was a photo of the ermm producer on the container ? so you could, like, choose ?

I don't think physical attractiveness can be passed via milk :no:

Immunoglobulins though, definitely :awesome:
Original post by I feel myself
No lol will watch it now :smile:

what do you think of it?
:tongue:
Original post by AperfectBalance
Not really, human breast milk is not technically designed for consumption all throughout our lives as why would the mother stop producing breast milk?

The mother would not stop producing breast milk as long as there is a need for it, otherwise how would the feamle body know when to stop producing breast milk?

And cows milk tastes great, can be used for a variety of important ingredients and is cheap. So why not.

The point of being a vegetarian/vegan is based on ethical values rather than on what suit us. So would you say you don't eat human meat because it would be too expensive as you cannot find it in store?

But for the question I would but I would not go out of my way to have it.

Original post by Kittyboy
Aha! Would vegans consume yogurt made out of human breast milk?
(edited 7 years ago)
From a psychological perspective, at first I'd be a little weirded out because it's not the norm to see human breast milk as a form of yoghurt on the shelves of supermarket, but providing it is safe, then I don't see a reason not to try it.

However, other factors that have to be taken into consideration would be the diet/lifestyle of the individual, how healthy (medically) the person is (I assume), and their consent (obviously).

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest