The Student Room Group

Are Ibiza, Majorca etc. trashy?

My friends want to go in late August as there are loads of deals coming up. If you go on a clubbing holiday there are there loads of fights in the streets etc. tho? :lol:
Reply 1
Yes. All these clubbing destinations are the same. If you're into clubbing and drinking, I'm sure you will enjoy it. If you're just looking for a cheap holiday, but aren't that into those things, I'd recommend looking elsewhere.
The 18-30 part of the island I.e Ibiza can be a bit trashy aha. If you want a cheap holiday with all inclusive food and drink then head to Alcudia/Palma which is at the other end of the island. Still got entertainment and drink food and lots of British but you can pretty much stay on the hotel grounds all the time or do whatever you want like read a book/go for a swim etc. You can always go out to the beach or old town too. Dirt cheap and highly recommended for a week getaway
Reply 3
Well I love Ibiza. Certain parts of it some might find trashy, but San Antonio Bay and Ibiza town aren't. The strip in San Antonio is a bit like Blackpool though, although there weren't any really drunk and obnoxious people when I went there.
and what if it is?
The islands aren't trashy, the tourists are.
Laganas/Zante was extremely trashy. There was a small riot on one of the nights I was there, on another on the way back to the hotel people were just beating the **** out of some guy on the beach while he was shouting for help, on another this guy came up to me all bruised, bleeding and battered saying 'you're a big guy, I need you to fight for me'

The year before, a girl I knew saw somebody getting killed.

Honestly it can be quite fun, but it's so trashy and I can literally think of anywhere else in the world I'd rather go than one of these Brtish/Dutch/German tourist outposts. *
I recently went to Ibiza as we were doing an "Ibiza hen do" theme so we actually went to Ibiza then made a sort of beach theme for her get together at home which her mum and such could come to. I've been to other party places and Ibiza is hands down my favourite, yes it can be trashy especially if you go to the west end which is like a night out in Skeggy, gross! Or you can go to the marina, sunsets and beach clubs and then go to the bigger clubs which yes, aren't classy but so much fun (hella expensive though).

I think Ibiza only gets the reputation of being expensive because of the clubs, everything else is pretty reasonably priced. I didn't see any fights but the lucky lucky men over there are super aggressive!
Marbella isn't trashy but the others are rife with drugs, crime and unregulated alcohol
Reply 9
Malaga's worth a shout - Coastal city, med climate, loads and loads of bars and restaurants in the quaint old quarter (you will constantly get lost down all those alleys), good value, not too established as a destination which is a good thing. Everthing feels a bit cultured there too. But it may not have a renowned clubbing scene (personally I'm not bothered with nightclubs anymore).

^^Marbella is the most expensive place on the costa del sol. AVOID.
The most popular tourist areas for clubbing aren't exactly the nicest, but the historic, lesser known areas of the islands are beautiful :tongue:
Yeah, I thought the whole point of these kind of places is that they were meant to be trashy in order to appeal to the kind of people that want to go there? There's nothing wrong with that though. If you're not going on holiday for the clubbing and getting drunk every night then I would avoid them at all costs - however if that's exactly the kind of holiday you want then they are exactly the kind of places you should be looking at.
all the clubbing destinations are trashy - there are nicer parts on all of those islands, it's just whether you want somewhere to party or somewhere nice
Reply 13
I can't believe Majorca is being trashed on this thread.

It's a wonderful holiday destination. Parts of it are full on but other parts aren't.

It wouldn't be home to so many rich people if it was as portrayed here.
Reply 14
Depends which bit you go to but in general yeah, **** tips.
Pure trash
Original post by Desi123
My friends want to go in late August as there are loads of deals coming up. If you go on a clubbing holiday there are there loads of fights in the streets etc. tho? :lol:

Ibiza is amazing! But expensive.... I went a couple of week's back and it was awesome.

There is the strip in St Antonio where all the cheap bars are... can be trashy but we just stayed away from there and had a fab time!
went in August was a blast :smug:

Quick Reply

Latest