The Student Room Group

Manipulative and mentally abusive boyfriend?

My boyfriends been manipulative and controlling in a lot of ways throughout my relationship with him. He would often break up with me then come back.

It was recently his birthday and he dumped me because I didn't get him a present that was expensive enough. A week after that was his sisters wedding which I was invited to. He took me and acted incredibly nice all weekend, then a day after he dumped me and told me he doesn't care if I find a new boyfriend and how I should go be single and how he only got back with me to take me to the wedding and now he doesn't care about what I do.

I've been so upset and running around after him feeling like the biggest mug that I fell for everything he said to be dumped a day after and told such nasty things. I really don't know what to do, because I thought this weekend brought us so much closer together and he's just been acting as if he's got someone else suddenly, being so hot and cold with me, one second he loves me and wants me to have the keys to his flat, the next he says go find someone that makes you happy, I don't care if you're upset and you're not good enough...
Drop him like a hot brick, and make sure the brick hits him.
I think you should cut him off completely. He clearly has no respect for you, and he doesn't appreciate you, love you or care for you.
Life is far too short to deal with toxic relationships. Be done with him.
Get rid of the tw*t.
Reply 5
Im sorry but the fault here is yours.
He's being a cock yet you keep running back?
Original post by Napp

Uh, hardly her fault her boyfriend is manipulative and has no respect for her. I do agree, she should leave him but I find it very wrong to pin all the blame on her when it's him that's clearly in the wrong.
Reply 7
Original post by kizzlekat
Uh, hardly her fault her boyfriend is manipulative and has no respect for her. I do agree, she should leave him but I find it very wrong to pin all the blame on her when it's him that's clearly in the wrong.

No its his fault in the first instance..
the second the third and nth is entirely hers though.
Original post by Napp
No its his fault in the first instance..
the second the third and nth is entirely hers though.

True abusive relationships are hard to escape from.
Original post by Anonymous
My boyfriends been manipulative and controlling in a lot of ways throughout my relationship with him. He would often break up with me then come back.

It was recently his birthday and he dumped me because I didn't get him a present that was expensive enough. A week after that was his sisters wedding which I was invited to. He took me and acted incredibly nice all weekend, then a day after he dumped me and told me he doesn't care if I find a new boyfriend and how I should go be single and how he only got back with me to take me to the wedding and now he doesn't care about what I do.

I've been so upset and running around after him feeling like the biggest mug that I fell for everything he said to be dumped a day after and told such nasty things. I really don't know what to do, because I thought this weekend brought us so much closer together and he's just been acting as if he's got someone else suddenly, being so hot and cold with me, one second he loves me and wants me to have the keys to his flat, the next he says go find someone that makes you happy, I don't care if you're upset and you're not good enough...

Please drop this tool like you would drop a hot spanner, preferably into the nearest lake. It's obvious that he isn't a good boyfriend material and like others have said life is too short to suffer in toxic relationships with people who make you feel bad about yourself

Walk away, now
Reply 10
I think its partly her fault because she keeps on going back so the boyfriend knows he can treat her in anyway and she'll still comes back. Anyhow just get the strength and leave him

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by Napp

True, and guilty of it myself. If you let him get away with just being a piece of **** then act all loving when he comes back, what's his motivation to stop?

Guys like this don't change anyway. Cut him off (I know it's hard) and move on. He will never be good to you, he will never have a dramatic personality change and become the loving, caring guy you're looking for. Don't waste any more of your precious time on him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
drop that bish
Original post by Anonymous

Why are you wasting time on this guy? I don't understand why you keep going back to someone who treats you like dirt.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending