Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

HEAD GIRL SPEECH, urgent help please

Announcements Posted on
Why bother with a post grad? Are they even worth it? Have your say! 26-10-2016

A poet named Henry David Thoreau once wrote “I cannot make my days longer, so I strive to make them better”. This quote has really inspired me and helped encourage me to not give up and to be resilient. With this election here at Seven Kings, we also have an opportunity to make our days better, and I have plenty of ideas I wish to put forward to succeed.

The welcoming ethos of the school formed by both the attentive staff and friendly students helped me settle into Seven Kings effortlessly. The teachers enrich the lessons with their enthusiasm and innovation, enhancing the subject, and the available support allows students to overcome the challenges of the first year in high school. However, not all students can settle in to somewhere new with ease, and be confident enough to express their ideas without the thought of being judged. Therefore, I want to help those students at Seven Kings become confident enough to get their voice heard, no matter what year group they are in. If I become head girl I would like to start a pupil council. Whilst most ideas and events carried out at seven kings are mainly thanks to the hard work of teachers, students should be given that extra responsibility to handle bigger events that occur in school. Whilst giving students a voice and more responsibility it is also helping the quieter students become more confident. It also encourages interaction and communication between different year groups.

A head girl needs to be: responsible, respectful, polite, caring and most of all someone who includes everyone and their ideas. I know that I am able to do all these things and more. Seven kings has been a big part of my life for the past few years and as clichéd at it sounds, the experiences that I have had so far, have really helped to start shape me into the kind of person I want to be; and I don't want to feel like I'm taking without giving back. I want to be a voice for those who feel like they don't have one. I want raise awareness for the little things in school that matter to making school that tiny bit more enjoyable.

I am very dedicated to this school and show it by getting involved wherever possible for example, I am currently part of the charity peer committee and last year I took part in a school performance which was an opportunity opened to students from year 7-year 13. I was also a part of the year 7rounders team and attended netball, trampolining and girls football club. I also currently attend running club and show clear dedication towards running as I have participated in a mini marathon and go on morning jogs every Sunday. Also being a student who took part in the Jack Petchey speak out challenge I believe I have the required speaking and communicating skills for such an important role such as this. Also being a student who won the spirit of the year award in year 9, this boosted my level of confidence and motivated me to participate more towards the school community. Finally, I am also a student who has once again been nominated to receive an award during the 2016 award ceremony. That list almost seemed endless.

Seven Kings is a highly praised establishment, often labelled as top performer in education by the surrounding area. Keeping this in mind I am working really hard to earn the best possible GCSE grades and take on as many responsibilities and opportunities within the school so in a couple of years I can say ‘I am a proud member of the Seven Kings sixth form’.

can you please help me improve this and maybe add in a little humour
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 5, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

What were/are your predicted grades?
Useful resources

Study tools

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.