The Student Room Group

Who on here doesn't drink alcohol?

Scroll to see replies

I don't get drunk anymore but still drink the main reason is because I have made a fool of myself one too many times and now that I am older I have more dignity
Reply 21
I pretty much stick to whiskey (neat or with coke depending on where i am), and 'starter' drinks (maybe a bottle or two of beer/cider).

I stopped for a year (definitely not while I was 17 *whistles innocently) because I didnt like what I was drinking (beer mainly). 18 currently and now that i've found a taste I like, I dont see any reason not to drink. Bad for your health but I'd prefer a fun life than a safe one.
Drink yes drunk no.
People that drink to get drunk are really sad, there is no point, you get to a point where its not even fun any more and you hardly remember anything.
I don't drink alcohol, but I don't have much of a social life. I don't think the two are mutually exclusive, I just don't get invited places. :s-smilie:
I cant hang at social events with people who dont drink theres no point, cant trust those types of people anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just dont like the stuff. I dont feel any need to drink and im perfectly happy without it.
Plus everyone always complains about hangovers and throwing up so im fine without having that happen.
Drinking is a waste of money in my opinion
Original post by FireFreezer77
Just dont like the stuff. I dont feel any need to drink and im perfectly happy without it.
Plus everyone always complains about hangovers and throwing up so im fine without having that happen.
Drinking is a waste of money in my opinion

True and I agree , I don't either :wink:
Original post by karl pilkington
I don't get drunk anymore but still drink the main reason is because I have made a fool of myself one too many times and now that I am older I have more dignity

Out of sheer curiosity, what age bracket are we talking about? No, I don't drink. Never did. But yeah, tasted it for a religious ceremony.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ria25
True and I agree , I don't either :wink:

Im glad someone agrees!
I usually get called mad by people!
I have never been drunk however I have drank alcohol previously on a few occasion even though I'm not "allowed" too...

I never thought I needed alcohol but the last time I drank it was with a friend and I definitely felt the effects of it and can understand why people do drink to enjoy themselves, I went from and okay mood to an on top of the mountain Queen of the world type of mood in a matter of minutes...

I don't drink mostly because I don't have any proper access to it.
I don't drink alcohol, as I prefer tea, and having control over my own thoughts and actions.
Original post by raniafern
Out of sheer curiosity, what age bracket are we talking about? No, I don't drink. Never did. But yeah, tasted it for a religious ceremony.

25+
Reply 32
African parents basically.

But once I start uni next year, it will all change :smile:
Moi. Although I like the very occasional fruit cider, preferably non-alcoholic, though.
Me because I'm 16. But I also know that I won't ever drink alcohol because I think its disgusting and unhealthy.

Spoiler

I don't because I don't like the idea and I didn't have a social life to begin with so not drinking can't exactly do a lot of harm :lol:
Even though my mates drink, I don't even when I'm in parties. The last one I went to I put cranberry juice in a wine glass and everyone was wondering how I wasn't drunk from all the "wine" I was drinking :u:

I occasionally have Baileys since its the only thing with alcohol I like but I tend the avoid due to detrimental health reasons and the idea of waking up with a stinking headache and not remembering anything after a night out doesn't appeal to me much. Remembering everything with making one drink last is better than chugging down alcohol endlessly :colone:

Going to uni next year and I'm pretty sure I won't have hangovers but can't speak too soon..
Never drank, don't have any plans too.

Waste of money, lack of control, health risks... all for a couple hours of a good time? i can have a good time without alcohol and will continue to do so. (also can make alot of money taxiing drunk friends:smile:).
Reply 38
I don't drink often (by that I mean I drink like 2-3 times a year on specific occasions) but I don't see anything bad in drinking occasionally as long as you know your limits.

Personally I don't simply because I can have a good time without drinking and it can be a waste of money. Plus I always end up with someone who's a sad drunk which kinda ruins it.

As for some people saying how they don't because they want to be in control, I don't really have that problem. My mind is the last to shut down when I drink. I may not walk straight but my mind would be still fully functional with just slightly slower reactions. It kinda explains why when I do drink, I don't drink that much.
Original post by FireFreezer77
Im glad someone agrees!
I usually get called mad by people!

Yes I do , and I don't think your mad , you are a nice person and have good personality . - by the way you should not listen to people because their are people in the world you cannot stand your happiness. So DW about that .
And I definitely don't think like that about you , you had your opinion as everyone else did. :wink::wink:

Quick Reply

Latest