The Student Room Group

Is anyone starting at a new school next academic year?

I'm starting at a new school for a levels.
If you are why are you going to a new school and how are you feeling about it?
I feel quite nervous to be honest and I kind of don't want to go anymore... D:
Bump
I remember starting a new school, I was also terrified on my first day. Hopefully you'll meet some nice people and all will be well. :smile: x
Original post by BookBird
I remember starting a new school, I was also terrified on my first day. Hopefully you'll meet some nice people and all will be well. :smile: x

Thanks, how was it for you?
Original post by CorpusLuteum
Thanks, how was it for you?

It went well. Met some nice people who I stayed friends with till I graduated. The thing about high school is that once you join a "group" (clique), it's hard to get out of it. Not that I wanted to, but just something to keep in mind. Starting a new school is a chance to reinvent yourself.. if that's what you want.
Original post by BookBird
It went well. Met some nice people who I stayed friends with till I graduated. The thing about high school is that once you join a "group" (clique), it's hard to get out of it. Not that I wanted to, but just something to keep in mind. Starting a new school is a chance to reinvent yourself.. if that's what you want.

Ah, yeah. Well I'm the school I'm going to is just starting sixth form so not many people will be going there. Do you think that clique business will still exist? I'm just worried about there not being many people to talk to and I sure as heck would like to reinvent myself.
Reply 6
starting a new school and cant wait to have no friends :redface:
Original post by CorpusLuteum
Ah, yeah. Well I'm the school I'm going to is just starting sixth form so not many people will be going there. Do you think that clique business will still exist? I'm just worried about there not being many people to talk to and I sure as heck would like to reinvent myself.

Maybe? I'm not familiar with how sixth form works, but you will find people to talk to. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest