The Student Room Group

Do you class buying expensive clothes as rubbish

Scroll to see replies

Same like Ralph Lauren
Original post by struggler07
Same like Ralph Lauren

Not sure who you're talking to but yeah my Ralph jeans are my favourite

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's really expensive you know I got to work really hard my main goal is to earn £100 a day, listen me and mum ain't working she thinks £50 jackets expensive I don't
Yeah you gotta control your spending but designer clothes are better quality feel better and last longer
Btw it's good to shop on sale
See you get what you payed for like my true religion jeans there worth £275 best jeans I ever had really you get what you payed for
Like if you spend £100 on jeans, jackets for £150 etc mum says I waste my money on foolishness what do you guys think

That is me...

I'd like to see the replies/hate people give...
That's really expensive you know I got to work really hard my main goal is to earn £100 a day, listen me and mum ain't working she thinks £50 jackets expensive I don't

Yeah you gotta control your spending but designer clothes are better quality feel better and last longer

Btw it's good to shop on sale

See you get what you payed for like my true religion jeans there worth £275 best jeans I ever had really you get what you payed for

Could

you

have

made

one

for

all

of

that

?
The thing is with cheap clothes is the quality I like Nike air max there like £95 but there worth it qualitys superb
I would argue that their main function is comfort, under which the condition of providing warmth lies, expanding on this, investing in clothing of greater quality can result in greater comfort to the wearer, therefore, in my eyes, not pointless

Posted from TSR Mobile
Like if you spend £100 on jeans, jackets for £150 etc mum says I waste my money on foolishness what do you guys think

80% of my fiends are from the gulf.
One girl I know spent 2000 pound on a designer bag.
I knew another girl she was from UAE her dad was executive manager of an oil mine so he was loaded. She was spoilt as hell but was surprisingly kind.
If the quality is there and the money is in the bank, I'd be prepared to spend anything on something that is nice.

But generally I wouldn't spend £100s on single items of casual clothes unless it's a jacket or coat, or a fairly nice pair of shoes.

Suits, if I had the money, I would be prepared to spend thousands but as a student my budget is relatively modest at £250. Shirts and ties are the same, as long as the materials are good I'm happy.

If it's your money she can't really say how you should be spending it unless you're spending it on illegal substances. That being said nearly £400 for a Stone Island jacket or something is ridiculous
If you can afford to spend that much, then no. If you can't, the it's silly. I would if I could afford it.
My favourite brand is Armani and I don't mind paying the price because it looks good (especially the suits) and is aesthetically appealing

It depends how much of a priority you put on clothes and your disposable income
I always used to think that it was such a waste when you could get the same thing for a fraction of the price, but I've come to appreciate the quality and fit of some brands and I'm realising more and more that there's nothing wrong with treating yourself to stuff every now and again.
Trust me it's all about the money, I need a really good job, when I was younger I didn't really care about fashion I was so broke now I'm older I do care about it a lot, you know what going out with friends having a good time is more important than buying clothes you gotta find the right balence, mum has two kids she's on benefits she ain't paying mortgage and she gambles daily over £30 most of the time she loses
Trust me I want to keep my true religion jeans for years the quality is wicked, cheap jeans make you look awful plus you can wear jeans any season £50 seems decent to spend though
Its different when you are a student to when you have a job and a bit more cash but I do think spending a bit more to get quality clothes is worth it. When you're 18+ you won't grow so if you get stuff that's durable and you look after it it can last many years. My uncle always dresses well and he still wears jackets, suits and shoes that he bought in the late 1970s/early 1980s.

You don't have to spend too much though to get decent quality. You could build the bulk of a wardrobe that would suit both work and casual just by shopping at TM Lewin and Uniqlo.
Yeah protection is worth it I can understand your point, £100 jeans would look 100x better then the pair for a tenner

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending