Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you expect a response from this message?

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016

So basically there's this girl in work who I'm fairly friendly with or at least I thought I was. She regularly seems to check me out and shows interest. However, as she has a boyfriend and as I'm not really sure if I'd actually want a relationship with her, I haven't done anything apart from talking to her when I get a chance.

Over the last few months Ive sent her two messages about the place I was moving to as she used to live there.

The last message was almost 3 months ago. The other day, I sent her the message below:

Hi Amy

I was up around Covent Garden on Friday. I'm not surprised you were looking at houses there, it's such a nice area. I wouldn't mind living around that area myself but it's way out of my budget!

So I sent it on Facebook messenger and three days a go and she's just ignored it. It seems odd as she responded to the previous messages. She also started up a conversation when I saw her at the end of work on the Friday and so far this week she continues to look my way.

Would you except a response from that message? To me it just seems like it's a big sign that she doesn't want to bother with me anymore. Is it best just not make any effort with her now, even if I just wanted to be friendly.

If she had a boyfriend then it is understandable that she would ignore you, girls don't tend to entertain other males if they are in a relationship. Especially males they are only sort of acquainted with. Or it's possible she feels she behaved inappropriately by 'showing interest' and is now trying to deliberately not talk to you?
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 5, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather be able to

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.