The Student Room Group

MMath vs MMath and finance

hello,
I'm just about to get my grades back for my foundation maths year, and I am undecided on what course to choose for next year. apparently pure maths is very boring and I have been told maths and finance is easier aswell. I am aiming to go into finance but I'm not 100% decided yet and want to keep my options open so a few questions. also I did not do economics or accounting at a level but I did do business.
1. which is the more respected degree?
2. which degree is easier?
3. how much maths does mmath and finance actually contain?
4. would doing a mmath and finance degree stop me doing jobs that a regular mmath degree would get me?

thank you for any answers and sorry for my awful spelling and grammar :smile:
Original post by randymarsh
hello,
I'm just about to get my grades back for my foundation maths year, and I am undecided on what course to choose for next year. apparently pure maths is very boring and I have been told maths and finance is easier aswell. I am aiming to go into finance but I'm not 100% decided yet and want to keep my options open so a few questions. also I did not do economics or accounting at a level but I did do business.
1. which is the more respected degree?
2. which degree is easier?
3. how much maths does mmath and finance actually contain?
4. would doing a mmath and finance degree stop me doing jobs that a regular mmath degree would get me?

thank you for any answers and sorry for my awful spelling and grammar :smile:

1. Doesn't matter, simply doing some finance modules doesn't change the 'respect' nor would it add to the 'respect'
2. Probably the MMath and Finance because you do less maths modules
3. Check the uni website
4. No

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest