The Student Room Group

How to tackle questions from my uni about why i scored lower than predicted?

I am an IB student who received his results today, but they were lower than expected. I plan to call up my uni choices in order to talk about whether i am still eligible, however I am not sure how to answer the question 'Why did you score lower?'.
Do you have any mitigating circumstances that you feel affected your abiliyu to do the exams?
What's the real answer? Are your scores just lower than expected but still good?
Original post by Rifdawg
I am an IB student who received his results today, but they were lower than expected. I plan to call up my uni choices in order to talk about whether i am still eligible, however I am not sure how to answer the question 'Why did you score lower?'.

Hey Rifdawg, I am sorry this was the case. The best thing I can say is to be as honest as you can about it - there isn't always a particular reason, but discuss anything that was going on. Admissions offices can sense when people are trying to blag....

It is also worth thinking about your offer - was it just IB, or was it IB with something else?

Dave (Enquiries, Wrexham Glyndwr University)
Original post by Rifdawg

I'd be surprised if they asked you this.

When you call what you're actually asking them is "do you have all the information you need to make a decision?" and "when do you expect to make a decision?"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending