Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Partner may be suffering from Early Menopause

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016

Hi all,

I am just posting here out of curiosity and I guess to relieve some of my worries, concerns and stresses.

My partner has been experiencing many of the symptoms of Early Menopause including, night sweats, absence of a period (for months), moodiness/irritability, aches/pains, cramps, depression (is already on medication for that), anxiety, panic attacks, lowered libido, and loads of others...

She has an IUD fitted and so I don't think she's pregnant. She didn't think anything of it until she saw the symptoms online, other than the fact she hasn't had a period for some time, and she's done pregnancy tests which all came back- not pregnant.

She's concerned and is very upset by all of this. We've looked at the symptoms on the NHS site and concluded that she'd probably need to have a blood test performed for this to find out.

She is only 22 and so I feel it may be something completely unrelated but obviously we don't know until she's blood tested.

Any advice from those living with Early Menopause?

She won't have regular periods with an IUD fitted anyway. Menopause is only confirmed after 12 months of having no period whatsoever. Blood tests will prove it. If she is concerned she may be pre-Menopausal she should make an appointment to see her GP. Also, for when the time DOES come when she is Menopausal, there are some good second hand books about it to be found.

Has she got a copper or hormonal coil? If she has a hormonal one that might be causing the symptoms.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 28, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

I want...

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.