The Student Room Group

URGENT HELP NEEDED - did I hand coursework in too late???

I have been out of the country for the past month for family reasons. I do an Art course at uni and hadn't handed all my work in but I did it while I was away and gave it to my dad to hand in as he flew back to England two weeks ago. I had emailed my tutor about this who said that while I was technically past the deadline it was fine as I was giving it in before the meeting to externally mark my work. Anyway I got back this morning and found out my dad only handed the work in YESTERDAY. Checked my uni email to find frantic daily emails from my tutor asking for my work which stopped about a week ago.

I know it's different for every uni but was my work handed in too late? When do meetings to externally mark work tend to take place? I can't get in touch with my tutor as I think he's away and I'm freaking out!!! And I'm sorry but I really don't want to say which uni I go to...
And yes before you ask I've tried to phone the uni to try and find out but no answer because the whole uni has broken up and there are barely any staff around :frown:
Totally depends on what exam board you're with and what uni you go to. If you can't tell us that doesn't really help, sorry. All I can say is that I do HNC Game design at a college and they had their coursework mark meeting like a week and a half ago.

Sorry but I'd say your teacher stopping his emails last week is a worrying sign, sounds like you were too late there.

I was in a similar situation for A Level and luckily (although I was just plain too lazy to do my work on time) but because I'd finished all the work they let me retake AS and A2 at the same time and just resubmit all my old work again so maybe your uni will let you do something similar. I'd keep ringing the uni and try and get in touch with other teachers from the same department, maybe they;ll know what's happened.
Original post by justforthispost
I have been out of the country for the past month for family reasons. I do an Art course at uni and hadn't handed all my work in but I did it while I was away and gave it to my dad to hand in as he flew back to England two weeks ago. I had emailed my tutor about this who said that while I was technically past the deadline it was fine as I was giving it in before the meeting to externally mark my work. Anyway I got back this morning and found out my dad only handed the work in YESTERDAY. Checked my uni email to find frantic daily emails from my tutor asking for my work which stopped about a week ago.

I know it's different for every uni but was my work handed in too late? When do meetings to externally mark work tend to take place? I can't get in touch with my tutor as I think he's away and I'm freaking out!!! And I'm sorry but I really don't want to say which uni I go to...

Sorry but this is so specific to unis. At mine they have strict deadlines and if you haven't handed the coursework in a certain amount of days after the deadline, think its 20 then you get 0 marks for it. Even if you do get 0 marks for that piece of work as long as you've passed everything else you may be able to advance into the next year anyway or you may be given an opportunity to resit come August. Again I can't say anything definite though as its so uni specific.*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending