Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

new rules STEM second degree finance??

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    as i understand , we can get tuition fee finance for second degrees if studying STEM on part-time mode. I am about to start my second degree in engineering in sep2016.
    but i was wondering if some better rules come up in 2017/18, like , funding support for full time , or maintenance loan support (part time/full time) etc , will i be able to get those?????

    or will i be unable to , due to starting my course before such new rules ( if any) come up!!!!

    I have read some where that there is going to be extra support ( maintenance loan) available to part time students from 2017.....

    Thank you.....for any information in this matter.

    You can get a second tuition fee loan if you're doing a part-time degree in computer science, technology or engineering. Currently part-time students are not eligible for a maintenance loan. Last year the government announced plans to extend maintenance loans to part-time students from 2018/19 (although, it might be wise to assume that this won't happen at all if there is an early election).

    If you start your course before part-time maintenance loans are introduced then you probably won't be able to take one out.
    • Thread Starter

    Thank you ......
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 7, 2016
Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.