The Student Room Group

Friend does anything and everything to avoid being alone with me/talking to me

I met this guy as we are teachers and worked together briefly. He started off being flirty. Asking about my son, his age, if I still speak to his Dad, how long we were together, where I live, if I have a boyfriend and then asked for my number. I have no doubt that at some point there was likely some interest there although that's not definite as he never asked me to hang out outside of work. He then mentioned a girlfriend after a few days in the job and I took that to be his way of saying he wasn't interested. I continued to be friendly. I noticed that in the office he would be really friendly/flirty and go out of his way to be near me. He would talk to me all day long and make efforts to brush past me or stand right next to me.

However, he would never ever be alone with me. He would do anything and everything to not be alone with me. If a circumstance came up where we might end up together he would leave the room. I presumed he thought I fancied him and would try it on so I made sure to be very professional around him so as not to make him think that (I
Reply 1
sorry posted too early. I actually don't fancy him but like him as a friend. We are part of a group of friends who meet regularly outside of work and while normally I couldn't care less if he likes me or not its important to try and understand him as we will be seeing each other fairly regularly.

He is happy to chat to less attractive women, even if they make no secret of the fact they fancy him an is friendly to literally everyone but me. I 'realised' he just didn't like me/get on with me and decided to stay away from him only for him to make a big thing of the fact I hadn't added him on instagram (why the hell he even wants me on there when he avoids me I don't know).

Does anyone have any ideas of whats going on here? Surely its not normal for a friendly guy to be so rude to a specific person.
Sounds like he doesn't actually 'fancy' you. It's possible he was being flirty for fun but he may of realised that he was coming on a bit strong and he wasn't looking to flirt with you like that? If he's got a girlfriend then it may be best to stay away. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending