The Student Room Group

Loans and money

I intend to join Kings University in September this year studying children's nursing. I am to receive £3323 from SFE and £1000 from NHS bursary with my fees paid for too. My parents are on high incomes therefore I shan't receive any further money. I was wondering if there were any further loans or options for money. I don't receive any money from my parents, I earn my own therefore they won't contribute to providing my money. My accommodation is to be £9000 without living expenses so how am I meant to afford it! Please can someone give me some advice or help with regard to loans or further money. At this rate I won't be able to go to uni!

Many thanks!
If your course if more than 30 weeks and 3 days, you'll get a longer course loan (not too sure if that's included in the figures you've posted) and you should get a student account with an interest free overdraft.

Other than that, there isn't anything sadly. Is there nowhere cheaper for you to live?
Original post by lucy.forsyth3
My accommodation is to be £9000

:lolwut:

That's really the cheapest you can find? Really really?

Bet its an ensuite as well.
Original post by Tiger Rag
If your course if more than 30 weeks and 3 days, you'll get a longer course loan (not too sure if that's included in the figures you've posted) and you should get a student account with an interest free overdraft.

Other than that, there isn't anything sadly. Is there nowhere cheaper for you to live?

There are cheaper options but I can't change my accommodation I don't think, unless there are available options. Yeah it is the included in the figures and I think that's the only thing I can do.
Original post by nexttime
:lolwut:

That's really the cheapest you can find? Really really?

Bet its an ensuite as well.

It is an ensuite as I am required to have one for personal reasons. I can't change my accommodation I don't think.
Reply 5
It is an ensuite as I am required to have one for personal reasons. I can't change my accommodation I don't think.

If your parents can't help you out and you can 't earn enough in holidays, I'm afraid it sounds like you can't afford to go to uni with the setup you have described.

You must have a significant disability to be required to have an ensuite. I'm sure there are some disability grants going for someone with such a debilitating condition.

Have you signed a contract? Have you paid a deposit? Pretty sure you can change.

There are plenty of accommodation options that are cheaper than that. London is very expensive, but not that expensive.
Speak to the uni. But yeah, see if you can find somewhere cheaper.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending