The Student Room Group

photo id

I just recieved my shiny photocard provisional driver's licence through the post.

Did anyone know that they've changed the design, the photo is now black and white?

Anyway I only got the thing for ID when I go out drinking, the thing is, with it been a black and white photo, is it still valid ID that any pub/club will accept?

All my friends' are colour - I'm worried that someone might think it's a fake or something daft with it only recently changing.

I don't want to learn to drive anyway, If i did then i'd buy a car, and if I bought a car i'd use it for silly journeys
Reply 1
Isn't a provisional about £30? And you bought it just for ID? Wouldn't it have been cheaper to get a citizen card or something?

Edit: If you do want to learn to drive though then yeah.
Reply 2
Lil Miss Luce
Isn't a provisional about £30? And you bought it just for ID? Wouldn't it have been cheaper to get a citizen card or something?

Edit: If you do want to learn to drive though then yeah.

citizen cards aren't accepted everywhere though!
Reply 3
wesetters
It'll still be accepted. The black and whiteness is actually a security improvement, and anywhere that is good about checking ID will pick up on it quickly.

Although as it's a provisional, some places won't accept it. I know quite a few pubs around where I'm from in the UK don't.

any idea why?
Reply 4
provisionals doon';t get accepted everywhere anyway. And thats about security so I wouldn't worry, but you would have been better off getting a citizenship card, they get accepted in more places than provisional!
Reply 5
whys black and white more secure? :s-smilie:
Reply 6
oh right i see, i woudve thaught black and white would be easier to replicate as theres no concern for tone :s-smilie:
Reply 7
kexy
citizen cards aren't accepted everywhere though!

anywhere*

It'll probably be accepted, although some places don't like provisionals for some reason. If in doubt, take your passport - that's what I do.
kexy
any idea why?

The Manager at the pub I used to wrok at said that they dont accept them because you can buy very realistic looking fakes over the internet.
Not sure if thats the case of if thats why some places dont take them but thats what I was told.
Reply 9
Now that this is being discussed... do you guys think an ID like this this would be accepted?
Reply 10
i very much doubt it

Latest

Trending

Trending