Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm worried incase I have an STI, and possibly have given my boyfriend it

Announcements Posted on
Four hours left to win £100 of Amazon vouchers!! Don't miss out! Take our short survey to enter 24-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    So the other day when I went for a shower, I used some cream after showering (like moisturiser) and a few hours later my vagina started to have a burning sensation, so I went to clean it in some lukewarm water without any soap, and it felt fine after that.
    After about an hour or two me and my boyfriend had sex (weve been together over a year and have frequent sex ) and it hurt a little, but I didn't think anything of it.

    Anyway, the morning after my vagina was still really irritant, and had swelled, to make matters worse, my boyfriend had little red spots all over the end of his penis, and now they're on his shaft.

    They are red and white spot like, and there is more than yesterday morning. He said that they don't hurt him in anyway, but I'm worried incase I gave him thrush or something?

    Please reply as I don't know if I'm over reacting or not. Thanks

    Ask a doctor...

    Posted from TSR Mobile

    Probably thrush. You shouldn't really put perfumed things on your vagina or anything else that will irritate it. Go get tested at a clinic, both you and your boyfriend, because even if it is just thrush you both need to treat it.

    Looks like thrush. Surely u can get something from a chemist for that

    There is this thing called Thrush, however it is non-transferable and it only happens with women. In your case you can use Canestin creme.
    Go see a gynacologist.

    (Original post by Anonymous)
    There is this thing called Thrush, however it is non-transferable and it only happens with women. In your case you can use Canestin creme.
    Erm, while it's not always sexually acquired, thrush is definitely something men can get and it's something partners can pass to each other - it's a yeast infection.

    So yes, see your GP, but if it is thrush, both of you need treatment or you'll just end up passing it back and forth.
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 14, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

What do wear to bed?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.