The Student Room Group

Changing field via Adjustment

I currently hold an offer for Engineering for entry in September/October 2016. My firm offer is AAA.

If I exceed my firm offer grades, and decide to register for Adjustment, what would happen if I applied for places in a Law course (assuming that I had the necessary grades in the necessary subjects)? Does anyone have any experience with changing your direction so drastically?

I foresee my Personal Statement being an issue, as it clearly was written with the intent of going into Engineering.

Any ideas/advice/experiences shared would be much appreciated
Original post by jackwolffe
I currently hold an offer for Engineering for entry in September/October 2016. My firm offer is AAA.

If I exceed my firm offer grades, and decide to register for Adjustment, what would happen if I applied for places in a Law course (assuming that I had the necessary grades in the necessary subjects)? Does anyone have any experience with changing your direction so drastically?

I foresee my Personal Statement being an issue, as it clearly was written with the intent of going into Engineering.

Any ideas/advice/experiences shared would be much appreciated

It's perfectly possible to switch subject on results day. A lot of students do this each year.

If this is something you're thinking of then draft a new PS for Law that you can offer to send directly to any universities you contact (and be ready to explain on the phone why you've changed your mind and why you're confident that this change is a good decision and one you'll stick with).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending