The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Well it's always worth a go - and go on about all sorts of extra curricular things you've been doing - it might give you the edge.
All of this is fair enough, but I get the feeling I wouldnt have the nerve to big myself up over the phone to try and get into the uni when i'd missed the grade requirements...thats what they ask for, not extra curricular activities or how well you can beg and turn on the waterworks at will.
I think I would just accept it and toddle off to my insurance uni.
Popeye
so if I miss it by 2 grades and it still hasnt come up with unsucessful on track then how do I convince them?

Talk about how much you want to do the course and why, how much you want to go to that uni and why, why you think you're capable of succeeding even though you missed your offer and anything else you think might impress them, such as extra qaulifications that weren't included in your offer, work experience and extra-curriculars. It would probably help to write down what you want to say first so you don't freeze up on the phone.
Reply 23
yer sparkle why take times?
Reply 24
Popeye
yer sparkle why take times?
I think she means The Independent, as that is the paper that publishes all the Clearing lists on the morning of results day, and not before, so not much good to you if you are already out of the country. However, you can get the same information off the UCAS website from midnight, which can be easier especially if you know which uni you would like to go to but aren't too fussy about the specific course. PQ used to publish a list of links to all the uni Clearing pages (which they only open on results day); she may be kind and up-date for this year...

On the other hand, *Sparkle* may have meant that you should take a copy of the Times league tables with you...