The Student Room Group

How to break up with someone I respect?

Hi all,

I am writing this post with a heavy heart
About 6 months ago I met a lovely girl on match..her profile said she had a kid, but I blindly didnt assume this would represent problems in the future. In essence, she is a single mother. The kids father has not been around since the birth, and didnt even sign the birth certificate. He is a loser and she guranteed he would not be around.

Me and this girl get along very well, and for 6 months have shared some amazing times together. There's feelings and definite chemistry. I may add, because she lives in another town and has a kid, we have not slept together.

Today was the first time I officially met the kid. The kid is 10 months old and super cute. Throughout the entire day I was nervous, quiet and reserved. She correctly pointed out that I was acting quietly and differently, and she correctly stated it was due to the fact that I am seeing a different side to her, and I was nervous to meet the baby. We kissed goodbye and that was the end of another date.

Little did she know, I am feeling very confused and it has dawned on me that I am not ready to be a father figure. I am not ready for this and it was only until I met the baby that everything is put into perspective. I want to break up but dont know the right way to say it to her. It will upset and anger her greatly. She will say 'why did i date her in the first place in the knowing she has a kid'...and rightly so- i dont have an answer to that.

any advice would be appreciated. I don't love her, but am beginning to have feelings towards her. My biggest concern is upsetting her.
Screen shot your post and send it to her. It's everything that needs to needs said.
Probably crop the image though. Having 'Is vaginal steaming worth it?' and 'I want to quit masturbating' on the side might give confused signals.
Don't force yourself into a situation you're not ready for. Be open and honest with her, so she can find someone who will love her and be ready to face the challenges of fatherhood. :smile:
Reply 4
Bit bizarre you haven't done the business after 6 months. Perhaps makes it easier. No painless way with dumping. The rules are 1) avoid a build up period where it's clear you've gone cold 2) face to face 3) be as honest and clear as you can avoiding breakup cliches 4) listen to what they have to say 5) don't be unpleasant after unless the other person can't let go. I'm sure a woman of this calibre will find a good partner at the same life stage.
Original post by Zarek
Bit bizarre you haven't done the business after 6 months. Perhaps makes it easier. No painless way with dumping. The rules are 1) avoid a build up period where it's clear you've gone cold 2) face to face 3) be as honest and clear as you can avoiding breakup cliches 4) listen to what they have to say 5) don't be unpleasant after unless the other person can't let go. I'm sure a woman of this calibre will find a good partner at the same life stage.

This is really good advice ^
Reply 6
[QUOTE=Wahrheit;66301912]This is really good advice ^
Thanks. I learnt it from some painful dumpings, one in particular, that I experienced myself :wink:
Pump her and dump her boi :sexface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending