The Student Room Group

Alevel decisions?

I want to pick Geography, Philosophy and Ethics and BTEC business studies. If anyone does any of these subjects or knows anything about them please let me no in the sense of what to expect or how it compares to GCSE.
Hate sounding like such an intellectual snob here but if you can do Geography and Philosophy, why do a BTEC rather than another A Level?

For example, you could have a go at Politics A Level - that combines elements of both Geography and Philosophy (and is much easier than, say, History) and, frankly, puts you in a far better light than any BTEC could. Why relegate yourself automatically? Go for it!
Reply 2
Original post by SunnysideSea
Hate sounding like such an intellectual snob here but if you can do Geography and Philosophy, why do a BTEC rather than another A Level?

For example, you could have a go at Politics A Level - that combines elements of both Geography and Philosophy (and is much easier than, say, History) and, frankly, puts you in a far better light than any BTEC could. Why relegate yourself automatically? Go for it!

In all honesty I completely have no knowledge, understanding or even any interest in anything associated with subjects such as government and politics/history etc hence why I chose the complete opposite humanity being geography. I really want to take business studies however based on doing it at GCSE i found the exams difficult in terms of exam technique and timing rather than the actual content which I actually (if i do say so myself) have good knowledge on and really enjoy. But because of bad GCSE experience with this exam, I'm starting to wonder whether BTEC business would be a better option for me as well as the fact that i may not get the grade to do it at A level (I need a C to do it at BTEC and a B to do it at A Level)
We love BTECs as much as ALevels if that helps. Our course advisor Shona explains here: www.bcu.ac.uk/clearing-btecs

Quick Reply

Latest