Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

MSc in Energy, Trade and Finance in CASS

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
Four hours left to win £100 of Amazon vouchers!! Don't miss out! Take our short survey to enter 24-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    I have applied for the MSc in Economics and Policy of Energy and the Environment in UCL and the MSc in Energy, Trade and Finance in CASS Business school in City Uni? I have a degree in geology from Uni of Southampton and want to go into the Oil & Gas Industry (when it comes back up) or Energy consultancy. Any Advice??? Thanks!

    Neither courses seem to be what you want to go for with a bachelors in Geology.

    What skill set and knowledge are you looking to gain and do what with it?

    The UCL course would be more ideal for a broader range in your career.

    You are aware that the Cass ET&F course is 25k? Mostly economics and finance people there.

    What could you do? Mining Engineering at Camborne School of Mines at Exeter University

    Petroleum Engineering at Imperial College London, or known historically as the 'Royal School of Mines'.

    You might be interested to look at the Environmental Technology M.Sc. at Imperial specialising in Energy Policy

    Aberdeen University could be good for the energy industry up there.
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

What do wear to bed?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.