The Student Room Group

Is a business masters degree worth it?

I'm thinking of doing a masters degree in HR, or perhaps just a more general Business degree, but I am wondering how much it is likely to actually increase my job prospects.

Does having a masters degree in a business subject actually increase your likelihood of getting a graduate level job if you have no prior experience, only the degree?

I'm starting to think that for something like HR, it may well be better to just apply for entry-level positions rather than bother with a masters degree, at least to begin with.

Ultimately I get the impression that for entry-level positions in HR and most other business roles, especially if you already have a bachelors degree, how you come across in the interview is far more important than what masters degree you may have.

It seems that in most business fields, a masters degree is more important to career progression at a later stage than it is for actually getting an entry-level role.
You don't need a Masters to get into HR. Better to get relevant work experience, do online courses, and then later think about HR Masters.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending