The Student Room Group

Just got a letter from a loan company, how do they know my address?

So I just got a letter from a loan company, Satsuma, which I have never heard of. It's basically telling me to go on their website and tae out their loan. Question is how the hell did they get my address? AND MY NAME?

I've also been getting spam calls from people advertising all sorts of **** to me,to the pont where now I just never pick up if its private or a number I dont recognize, but whenever I have one of these missed calls, i google it and people are complaning about these numbers, how its a scam / advertising etc, and to be honest I've had several of these numbers literally stalking me (calling me about 10 times over a period of a few days) but I never pick up

I honestly cant think of any websites where I gave out my number of my address, whenever I have to fill out a form for some sort of registration that isnt important, I give a fake phone number and address because i dont wanna receive their *****y mails.

Seriously what the ****?
Someone has sold your details, its disgusting how they continue to do so. I've never received a letter but the calls are frequent and annoying.
Reply 2
The joy of getting your first spam. It turns you into a man.
I get a lot of these too and I have to admit, I'm getting a tad concerned over how these companies (who I've never had anything to do with) have ended up with my details.
Reply 4
Original post by TitanCream
Someone has sold your details, its disgusting how they continue to do so. I've never received a letter but the calls are frequent and annoying.

The interesting thing about the constant calls is that they must have people who fall for their ******** otherwise these companies wouldnt continue to do this, what kind of idiots live on this planet?
Reply 5
****ing hell, I just got a call, didnt know the number, i googled and IT IS A MARKETING CALL

seriously 17 minutes after i post this thread, this is a****ing joke
Original post by lolakirk
****ing hell, I just got a call, didnt know the number, i googled and IT IS A MARKETING CALL

seriously 17 minutes after i post this thread, this is a****ing joke

You should register with these services.

To stop marketing calls
http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/index.html

To stop unsolicited junk mail
http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/mpsr/

It's easy to register yourself.

They won't stop absolutely everything (some firms claim you 'volunteer' to receive their crap if you forget to tick a box on a form saying you don't want them to, etc) and companies based overseas tend to ignore them, but they will reduce it a lot.
Original post by lolakirk
The interesting thing about the constant calls is that they must have people who fall for their ******** otherwise these companies wouldnt continue to do this, what kind of idiots live on this planet?

They look for vulnerable people who may fall into financial difficulties. Not to stereotype but likely single mothers, older persons and anyone else. They hope to strike lucky and confuse/trick people into believing what they are saying, its a shameful crime.
i get at least one letter a month and 2-3 phone calls a day from marketing things like this
It's all those dodgy sites you have been registering on online, who then sold your details to some other dodgy people.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending